Introduction to Electric Vehicles
The government has set targets for us to reach net zero by 2050, and a major part of achieving this is decarbonising the transport sector. Ending the sale of petrol and diesel cars by 2030 has resulted in the increasing popularity of electric vehicles.
What are the benefits of owning an electric vehicle for you?
- Electric vehicles are cheaper to run than a diesel or petrol vehicle
- Electric vehicles are quiet…a more comfortable and relaxing journey for you
- Fast and easy home charging
- Reduced carbon footprint
What are the benefits of electric vehicles for the planet?
- Renewable energy: You won’t be expending limited resources to power your car
- Eco-friendly materials: A lot of electric vehicles are manufactured using base materials which are ecologically beneficial
- Lower levels of pollution: Far fewer emissions than petrol and diesel counterparts…electric vehicles have zero polluting elements coming from the exhaust
- Recycled batteries: You can recycle the engine
Electric Vehicle Government Grant Schemes
Government incentives increase affordability of electric vehicles for you! The government are offering a discount on the price of brand new low-emission vehicles through a grant that the government gives to vehicle dealerships and manufacturers. The maximum grant available for cars is £2,500, and £3,000 on small vans. Look at more information here on the government website. Alternatively, there are already 16 charging points available within a 10 minute drive from your home!